Mach I asked Vixen this but didn't really get a response. How come us PIP are unable to see Knox's clear guilt, and this thing that is blocking us from seeing it, how do you know it is not affecting you?
It seems like by definition one side has to be drowning in delusion and bias, and from that side's perspective, it would always be the other. Isn't that interesting?
It's funny to see pro-Knoxes like you asking this question. I find it funny as the question comes from people who openly declare they are not interested in facts. There is something interesting in the start scenario: some of us must be drowning in delusion and bias. Who? Is it us or is it you?
It's sound interesting. It titillates curiousity. Kind of goads to try find it out. Because it's a question about ourselves, after all. There might be something about our ways of understanding reality. Out about our beliefs.
But - here comes what I find curious - it appears the most vocal pro-Knox advocates actually
don't want to find out.
More or less they openly declare they are not interested. The best interaction I may get is "I don't believe you". They believe something else.
Mostly do not actually try to challenge or find out factual points. They manifestly disregard their existence.
The only way of discovering who is biased or deluded would be to approach facts as close as possible, to challenge the other side's facts and our personal arguments as neutrally and critically as possible.
Then, another aspect. Think about how we deal with incomplete information. I look at LJ's approach to Sollecito's Cluedo's photoshopped cover. Could we define his skeptical attitude as "even-sided"? I don't think so. Is it
reasonable to
assume, as a default position, a following scenario: journalist Selvaggia Lucarelli would tell a lie reporting that it was Sollecito who posted the cover while this not being true; and at the same time also dismiss that Sollecito declared that Amanda is insane by saying "go call 118"; while also considering that she would have lied about something that someone else could have verified and falsified; and also considering that at the same time Sollecito responded and his response did not object to Lucarelli's reporting the he was the one who posted the picture; and also considering that had she made a false report about him, she would be liable by the law, as well as be liable of a disproval resulting as an attack on her reputation.
It is possible to believe that this happened, but is it
reasonable to assume it as a default position, just on the basis that the newspaper page may not show all the full screenshots?
And it is reasonable to suspect that "someone else" (who is not Italian) created the picture based on the fact that the picture backgrownd is not from an Italian cover, but not ask ourselves why a non-Italian would place those Italian murderers on it?
I don't believe such positions are neutral. Their logic is profoundly slanted. I think they are unreasonable and utterly biased.
But I also think it would be useful to check our reasoning in purely abstract and hypothetical ways. On points of incomplete information like this one, it might be a good practice to also ask ourselves: and what if the opposite was true? Drawing implication from that, just as a purely hypothetical picture.
LJ might ask himself: what would the implication on my thinking, if I found out that it is actually true that Raffaele Sollecito created or posted this photoshopped Cluedo cover?
What
if it's him? How would I have to adjust my worldview if that detail was indeed that way?
Imagine if you had to re-assess, to adjust an array, a long series of details, in that direction. Imagine if - in the abstract - you found out that all your ideas about each of those details requires to be reviewed, if you found out the direction of many details of your beliefs needed to be changed.
How would this affect the
system of your view of reality?