The reason I asked is because he covered what he termed, "the crazy theories" of the original prosecution, the very crazy theories which Barbie Nadeau also wrote about.
Nadeau wrote that Maneula Comodi threatened to quit if Mignini went to trial with one of the crazier theories. He said he would simply print the stories leaked to him without fact checking, not expecting the prosecution would lie to him.
You'll have to ask Nadeau why she would write that.
No.
Some of those people don't lie - they just pick their stories from unreliable sources, some other press article. Those are just poor quality reporters.
I don't ask Nadeau - I don't ask secondary or tertiary sources (and I am not the one who seeks what that one said about that other thing, I am not the poster who cooks up rumors and insinuations and makes up people's words - other posters do that, and you may guess which ones).
Besides the fact that I don't believe a single word from professional liars such as Nick Pisa - who is also a semi-literate idiot btw - as a matter of facts, I just know
from the documents that the prosecution did not present those "crazy theories" the English speaking press attributed to him (btw, egregiously contradicting even the Italian press source they were picking it from, even though the source got some things wrong already).
I know from the papers that the theories had nothing to do with any "shedevil" charachter.
The first time the prosecution pur forward a scenario, it was in July 2008 and the scenario was that of a non-premeditated murder, arisen from a plan about some "little party" at home that likely had "sexual theme", but something went wrong and it degenerated into a sexual violence - and the murder was a consequence of it. This was the very first scenario.
And the scenario was basically agreed to by judge Micheli. He wrote the prosecution's scenario was not unrealistic at all, only pointed out that Mignini's "intellectual" references to the contents of manga - as he mentioned an "atmosphere" that might have inspired their idea about the "little party" and features of their personalities - were inappropriate or unnecessary speculations.
Micheli said exactly this: your scenario, taken away those additional comments, is the good one.
There was no crazy theory at all.
This does not mean that I would subscribe to all considerations by Mignini about culture or psychology or sociology, nor that I would embrace his style of portraying things. But I rather acknowledge that those that some media played as "crazy theories" were
invented, and they were only
remotely inspired to some additional comments, or better to incorrect Italian reporting about additional comments, comments that from the origin were just additional details of his personal thoughts completely marginal to the actual scenario put forward by Mignini. Making some additional comment and digressions having to do mostly with things like history or traditions, or ancient things, I realized it is just part his own way of talking just about everything - he's somehow a kind of baroque traditionalist, but it is only a matter of style, of personal likes and way of telling things, it is completely independent from the content, from the core, of what he's talking about. Those things he may mention as digressions are elements of style completely at the margin, they have nothing to do with his actual points.
His initial scenario abut the murder didn't actually change through time, it was clear, it was rational, and the preliminary judge agreed to it.
But the English speaking newspapers apparently didn't grasp a iota of it. They just made up stories, picking from one incorrect reporting by one Italian press source - that was maybe misreporting words about some of those additional details he comments about - and making a whole fantasy trip from it. Those journalists were not in the courtroom - the argument was presented behind closed doors.
His prosecution argument was deposited within the court and is there to be read, it is about a non premeditated murder that arises from situational factors, and it is also determined by the personalities of the people involved and the use of drugs. There was objectively nothing crazy.
What I say is something I can see by reading the actual real trial papers, not by reading Barbie Nadeau.