Here in the ISF, we are just a few people, with some common interests and, no doubt, varied backgrounds, experiences, skills, university degrees, and so on. Especially those who have posted in this thread.
Yet if we accept what's in some of the sources ms has provided, at least some academic staff in at least one university physics (?) department provided some sort of endorsement or support for at least some aspect of the core idea (fractional quantum states, say). Though I should add that I didn't thoroughly check this, so I'd appreciate being told where I'm wrong.
Assume that these professional physicists had at least as much input we have had, in this thread; assume they are competent physicists. Surely they would have come to conclusions at least somewhat similar to what we've come to ... why haven't they worked on the core idea independently? I mean, even if Mills et al. do not grasp the possible consequences, in terms of the revolution in physics they surely portend they surely do, don't they? And surely the possibility of a Nobel would overcome any non disclosure qualms, wouldn't it?
Do you think it would be worthwhile finding who they are, and sending them an email with some questions?
Then there's ms himself: from his own posts here, and from other material by him on the web (per links he himself provided, and links therein), I get the impression that he considers himself quite capable to read and understand papers in at least some branches of physics, and he's on record as saying science rules (that's a paraphrase; I'll dig up his actual words later). So I think it's not a stretch to consider ms more than capable of at least understanding the revolutionary possibilities. And given his lead time, I wonder why he himself hasn't developed the ideas further, perhaps with some help from his fellow Electric Universe fans (there are huge numbers of them). Or perhaps he has, and his Nobel is just a year or two away.
There is a quite different possibility, which has been discussed here, namely that this is a scam. If so, then a very different email should be sent to those physics professors, don't you think? And some of the questions asked of ms seem very pertinent.
Finally the editors and readers of that (those?) professional journals which published the "supporting" papers: have they understood the implications? What have they done? AFAICS, nothing. Why? I mean, they are surely at least as competent physicists as those physics professors, and ms, aren't they?
What does their (apparent) inaction suggest? That they think the Mills et al. results and ideas are, um, worthless?