• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Donald had a mock town hall tonight with a friendly audience asking softball questions. He apparently bombed it, avoiding answering most questions and giving no plans.

This was probably the most debate prep he did. I imagine his campaign tried to get him to take it more seriously, say by having him study and practicing answering questions that a Democrat might ask. But Donald can't be bothered to do that. After all, he is convinced he won the first one, so why would he need to change anything.

He is such a moron. Hillary is going to dismantle him, probably worse than she did the first time. I can't wait.

ETA

[Imgw=640]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuIPPILVIAEkMqg.jpg[/imgw]

That last paragraph. He is so stupid it is unreal. Hillary is definitely prepping for the debate. Figuring out answers to questions she might be asked, studying, figuring out ways to get under Donald's skin, ect. Because she is way smarter than him and way more willing to do the necessary work.

And the last paragraph is a downright lie. I check the Trump/Pence schedule every day. There was nothing scheduled for NH. They put it in there about three days ago, after the veep debate. I remember vividly because I was thinking "well, his advisors got him to stay home and prepare for the debate this time". I guess they know him. He can't sit still to prepare, so they combined it with a field trip. It keeps little Donnie focused.
 
That is a curious definition of "disenfranchised".

I probably came off as supporting this notion of "disenfranchised". I sure didn't mean to.

I don't consider living in a deep red or blue state a matter of disenfranchisement.

Actually even in swing states, the vote has never (at least as long as I've been voting) come down to a one ballot difference between the winner and the loser. And the odds against that, even in such a state, are very minute. In 2000 it came down to a few hundred votes in FL, which was close, but still not a single vote would have any difference. Anyway, I'm from New York, also not a swing state, but actually you are not disenfranchised, nor am I. If a person cared so much I suppose they could move to a swing state but that sounds like a silly reason, unless you also want to move there for other reasons.

In a nation where in the last presidential election 125+ million voted, of course your individual vote makes no difference, but if you look at it that way we are all "disenfranchised", no matter which state we live in.

I don't think of it as being disenfranchised, but I do agree that, in practical terms, your vote or my vote or pretty much anyone else's vote makes no difference (by itself). If I don't vote, there is no difference in the outcome.

(Some people may be tempted to ask, "But what if everyone felt that way?" It is a pointless question, since I'm not trying to persuade others not to vote and my non-participation doesn't make others not vote. Indeed, if fewer people voted, then that's more power for those who vote!)
 
I can't wait until the months after Trump loses and insiders disclose the crazy things that never made it to press.
 
So Donald still thinks the Central Park Five are guilty. I hope Hillary brings it up at the next debate. It is an obvious trap and he would have to be a total moron to take the bait. So he would almost certainly do it.



http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/reality-check-donald-trump-central-park-5/index.html

Had Donald ever admitted he was wrong about anything? I've certainly never seen him do so.

The law and order candidate.... Law And Order being code for white supremacism.
 
I can't wait until the months after Trump loses and insiders disclose the crazy things that never made it to press.

+1

Good point. It hadn't occurred to me until I read that, but you're right.

ETA: Not just insiders. There will be crazy stories that the media couldn't confirm, so they had to sit on them.
 
Last edited:
And the last paragraph is a downright lie. I check the Trump/Pence schedule every day. There was nothing scheduled for NH. They put it in there about three days ago, after the veep debate. I remember vividly because I was thinking "well, his advisors got him to stay home and prepare for the debate this time". I guess they know him. He can't sit still to prepare, so they combined it with a field trip. It keeps little Donnie focused.
Can't you just picture them when little Donnie isn't in the room, brainstorming how they can manipulate the guy into actually preparing? One news source reported they made him watch the debate to show him how bad he was.

The guy's in a weird self-adulating bubble with his fingers in his ears.
 
Trump lobbied Congress to create the tax breaks that saved him millions:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ive-real-estate-developers-bigger-tax-breaks/

What a genius.


FWIW, this sort of rent seeking and looking for special tax treatment for narrow special interests like real estate developers is exactly the sort of thing that Republicans have traditionally complained about with the tax code.

For example, look at what Newt Gingrich (now a Trump supporter) wrote a few years ago when he was running for president:
Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of Ronald Reagan signing the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which lowered taxes and simplified the tax code.

This Act was the last time the tax code has been simplified, and it has become more complicated since.

Click 'Like' if you think the tax code needs to be simplified, and read about Newt's optional flat tax proposed in the 21st Century Contract with America.

And here is what Trump said about that exact same Reagan tax reform:
“This tax act was just an absolute catastrophe for the country, for the real estate industry,” Trump said. And while economists say tax breaks distort the free market allocation of investment, Trump insisted that “we are no different right now than the Soviet Union. They have no incentive, and we have no incentive.”

So Gingrich praised Reagan's tax reform while Trump at the time called it an absolute catastrophe and likened it to the Soviet Union.
 
In 2012 after Obama bombed the first debate and mock debates against John Kerry, his advisors were very worried that he might bomb the second debate and cost himself the election. That, of course, didn't happen. They got him to fix the things he was doing wrong.

Donald's smarter advisors surely feel the same way. They know he bombed the first debate and that he will bomb the others if he doesn't change. But they have the added problem that Donald is an ignorant moron with a personality disorder. He thinks he won the first debate so he doesn't need to do anything different or even do much prep at all and he won't listen to anyone who suggests otherwise. Sucks for them but nobody made them work for Donald so I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

ETA, here is a link to an excerpt from a book that tells the story of Obama's debate problems and the intervention his advisors staged. Big takeaway is that Obama listened to his advisors, understood that there was a real problem, and was able to fix it. Donald Trump is no Barack Obama. http://nymag.com/news/features/heilemann-halperin-double-down-excerpt-2013-11/
 
Last edited:
In 2012 after Obama bombed the first debate and mock debates against John Kerry, his advisors were very worried that he might bomb the second debate and cost himself the election. That, of course, didn't happen. They got him to fix the things he was doing wrong.

Donald's smarter advisors surely feel the same way. They know he bombed the first debate and that he will bomb the others if he doesn't change. But they have the added problem that Donald is an ignorant moron with a personality disorder. He thinks he won the first debate so he doesn't need to do anything different or even do much prep at all and he won't listen to anyone who suggests otherwise. Sucks for them but nobody made them work for Donald so I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

ETA, here is a link to an excerpt from a book that tells the story of Obama's debate problems and the intervention his advisors staged. Big takeaway is that Obama listened to his advisors, understood that there was a real problem, and was able to fix it. Donald Trump is no Barack Obama. http://nymag.com/news/features/heilemann-halperin-double-down-excerpt-2013-11/

What I like is that he said in the NH warmup that bit about how he now likes the map, as it's turning red.

????!!!!????

What map is that? Donald still has his original 165. No one ever moved Ohio or Michigan or New Hampshire over into his column; all they did was tighten up the race and maybe show those states as toss-ups. He has picked up ZERO red states since he didn't like the map. It's the same map, idiot! And with the neutral colored states (gray on RCP, yellow on others, taupe on others) one-by-one changing over to Democratic Blue, the map actually looks ominous for them.

I dare him to use that line with Hillary. If the moderators don't jump it, she should. Whether she wants to seem cocky/bragging is another thing altogether. I think she could get away with a "Au contraire - that's French, you know - my noble opponent. Our figures show that the message from the Clinton/Kaine campaign is winning over state after state and voters can just check 538, the NY Times, or any of a dozen tracking sites. Coincidentally, if you go to our website, we have links to those NOOOOOOTRALLLL tracking sites."
 
Not wanting to start another Trump thread (though the topic might just support its own discussion), I've been wondering what's become of the more vocal right wingers as of late. Never mind Huckabee, Santorum, the Professor, Mary Ann...why the hillbilly heck haven't we been hearing from the Alaskan crab?
The media doesn't need her to generate revenue for them this time around, Trump has been the golden goose as far as the media is concerned, he just keeps giving.
 
Palin turned up to endorse Trump during the primaries. She made a long rambling speech (she obviously didn't have the speech writers she had when she was running for VP), even Trump seemed embarrassed by it. I'm not surprised he hasn't invited her again.
 
I just watched a video by 538 about the Perot Myth. Many Republicans believe that the only reason that Bill Clinton beat George Bush is Ross Perot, which is one of the major reasons why they hated Bill so much. Anyway, they are just going on their gut feels. There is strong evidence that Bill Clinton would have won even if Ross Perot wasn't in the race. Exit polls indicate that Perot took support equally from Clinton and Bush. Perot actually dropped out for months before coming back in and in that time, Clinton was ahead in the polls. And Bush was extremely unpopular.

What does this have to do with Donald Trump? Well he claimed last year that every single Perot voter would have voted for Bush and that if not for Perot, nobody would have ever heard of Bill Clinton.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ross-perot-myth/
 
Last edited:
Palin turned up to endorse Trump during the primaries. She made a long rambling speech (she obviously didn't have the speech writers she had when she was running for VP), even Trump seemed embarrassed by it. I'm not surprised he hasn't invited her again.
Yeah I remember that. He really did look embarrassed by her. Think of that, Donald Trump was embarrassed because an idiot gave a rambling, incoherent speech endorsing him. LOL
 
Yeah I remember that. He really did look embarrassed by her. Think of that, Donald Trump was embarrassed because an idiot gave a rambling, incoherent speech endorsing him. LOL

My recollection was more a "why is this woman getting attention and I'm not?"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom