• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
His taxes from '95 were leaked to the NYTimes. He may not have paid taxes since.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Whoa! It highlights that he's both a terrible businessman and doesn't pay taxes. He lost nearly a billion dollars mismanaging those casinos. The story of how they got and confirmed them is eyebrow raising as well.

The documents consisted of three pages from what appeared to be Mr. Trump’s 1995 tax returns. The pages were mailed last month to Susanne Craig, a reporter at The Times who has written about Mr. Trump’s finances. The documents were the first page of a New York State resident income tax return, the first page of a New Jersey nonresident tax return and the first page of a Connecticut nonresident tax return. Each page bore the names and Social Security numbers of Mr. Trump and Marla Maples, his wife at the time. Only the New Jersey form had what appeared to be their signatures.

The three documents arrived by mail at The Times with a postmark indicating they had been sent from New York City. The return address claimed the envelope had been sent from Trump Tower.

On Wednesday, The Times presented the tax documents to Jack Mitnick, a lawyer and certified public accountant who handled Mr. Trump’s tax matters for more than 30 years, until 1996. Mr. Mitnick was listed as the preparer on the New Jersey tax form.

Mr. Mitnick, 80, now semiretired and living in Florida, said that while he no longer had access to Mr. Trump’s original returns, the documents appeared to be authentic copies of portions of Mr. Trump’s 1995 tax returns. Mr. Mitnick said the signature on the tax preparer line of the New Jersey tax form was his, and he readily explained an obvious anomaly in the way especially large numbers appeared on the New York tax document.
 
The Times article also shows the contradiction between the statement Trump's campaign staff put out in response to the Times article:
“Mr. Trump knows the tax code far better than anyone who has ever run for President and he is the only one that knows how to fix it.”

And what his former accountant who prepared the returns the Times obtained, Jack Mitnick a Long Island lawyer and CPA, remembers:
But [Mitnick] did talk about Mr. Trump’s approaches to taxes, and he contrasted Fred Trump’s attention to detail with what he described as Mr. Trump’s brash and undisciplined style. He recalled, for example, that when Donald and Ivana Trump came in each year to sign their tax forms, it was almost always Ivana who asked more questions.
 
I can't wait for Donald and his idiotic surrogates to tell us how losing nearly a billion dollars in one year makes him smart.

Also the return address is from Trump Tower. That could be BS of course. But then again, how did the person get them? Maybe we will get more of them, leaked throughout the month.
 
Last edited:
I can't wait for Donald and his idiotic surrogates to tell us how losing nearly a billion dollars in one year makes him smart.

Also the return address has a Trump Tower return address. That could BS of course. But then again, how did the person get them? Maybe we will get more of them, leaked throughout the month.

Luckily, he won't do anything crazy to try to discover who betrayed him upon hearing the return address news. That would be very out of character for him.
 
Ooh, I could be meaner.... much meaner... you'll see. I've got all the mean, the best mean.

I've mentioned the comparison before but it is worth bringing up again ('cuz no one acknowledge it the first time, I guess), but this is like Reggie the Insult Comic (Dave Chapelle) trashing Professor Klump and then being taken down by Buddy Love. Every time Love zaps him, he starts off with a "Now you've done it. I'm bringing out the A material..." And he gets zinged again and again yet still thinks his reputation with the fans for being The Insult Comic is going to carry him to new heights(depths?) of insults that no mere mortal could possible fight off. Of course, it ends with him being verbally, intellectually and physically thrashed.

I'm sure if you cut to the next morning, Reggie would've been telling his manager and agent.... "No more Mr. Nice Guy. I hope he comes back so I can really unload on him."

Trump is not only Reggie but also the cowardly bully who doesn't want to wind up in detention because the assistant principal is watching but then sends his minions off to pour maple syrup in the nerds' lockers. Oh, I could've said something about Bill's infidelities but I'm too classy. What did I mean by that, well let me tell you. Memo to staff: Here's all the crap you need to dredge up and repeat constantly at every interview.

I look forward to the audience questions from the town hall debate. "Our next question is from an immigrant and new citizen, Ms. Machado, who has a question for Mr. Trump...."
 
Also Donald's campaign and lawyer are complaining that the documents were obtained illegally. Sounds to me like an admission that they are real.
 
Last edited:
Also Donald's lawyer is complaining that the documents were obtained illegally. Sounds to me like an admission that they are real.

Odd for them to have an issue with the provenance of this leak but not the DNC hacked emails they pushed so hard and are still hoping Assange has more of.
 
....
Trump is not only Reggie but also the cowardly bully who doesn't want to wind up in detention because the assistant principal is watching but then sends his minions off to pour maple syrup in the nerds' lockers. Oh, I could've said something about Bill's infidelities but I'm too classy. What did I mean by that, well let me tell you. Memo to staff: Here's all the crap you need to dredge up and repeat constantly at every interview.
....

I was actually very surprised that when Trump pulled this at the debate, Clinton didn't immediately say something like "Hey, Donald, you can't say anything to me that we haven't all been hearing for 20 years. So if you think the American people want to see us in the gutter, bring it on, Donald, bring it on!"
 
Donald posted this back in 2012.

FflH7r4.png


He's one of them and he's allegedly a multibillionaire!
 
I think you'd have to be living in a cave to have not heard at least some of the dirt about Trump.

I'm not sure of that. Has Fox covered all this dirt? Any of this dirt? I'm not a Fox viewer so I honestly don't know but their reputation says that if they mention it at all, it is to soft pedal it.
 
Tax story is interesting...might help sway some swing voters, but probably just solidifies him as a post-tea party candidate. Most Americans hate paying taxes, so seeing Trump get away with a billion loss and still be filthy rich is kind of a dream for a lot of people. I detest his candidacy and even I'm sort of impressed at how he played the system to his advantage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom