• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the debate. Filtering their ideology, I would say that Clinton looked presidential and mainly managed very well the "disadvantage" of gender. Trump, not so well.

Just on presidentiability for people who is still not strongly behind any of them, I would say Clinton 8.5/10, Trump 7/10.
 
Trump is out of steam. Barring another Muslim attack, the game is over.

And aside from that, he is on stage like a stand up comedian with no new material. This for 2 more debates. Ouch!
 
Last edited:
Other delusional things.
n


That's what I hear when Trump denies all this crap: "Wasn't me."

And republicans are all like, "Well maybe it wasn't you?"

Of course, the context of the Eddie Murphy bit is that women do it because the guy gives her an orgasm like no other, and therefore she will put up with anything.

"Wasn't me"

And Trump's latest is "I never said that global warming is a hoax."

We heard him say. There are transcripts showing that he said it. But once again he pulls another it-wasn't-me schticks.
 
Last edited:
And Trump's latest is "I never said that global warming is a hoax."

We heard him say. There are transcripts showing that he said it. But once again he pulls another it-wasn't-me schticks.

People are saying he, or his campaign, deleted the tweet where he claims it is a hoax by the Chinese. Snopes says "False", as in the tweet has not been deleted.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-deletes-global-warning-claim/
 
People are saying he, or his campaign, deleted the tweet where he claims it is a hoax by the Chinese. Snopes says "False", as in the tweet has not been deleted.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-deletes-global-warning-claim/

I thought it was part of a speech. I was wrong.
So, he did tweet that claim, but the assertions that that tweet was deleted are false.

then he can be called a liar for saying, "I never said it was a hoax."

ETA
PolitiFact calls Trump's denial mostly false. He did tweet it but now claims the tweet was an obvious joke. I do wish he told all his followers that it was a joke because I think a few of them seriously believe it is a Chinese hoax to cripple America.
 
Last edited:
PolitiFact calls Trump's denial mostly false. He did tweet it but now claims the tweet was an obvious joke. I do wish he told all his followers that it was a joke because I think a few of them seriously believe it is a Chinese hoax to cripple America.
A few??

Of course I don't know the percentage but given the high level of climate denialism in the GOP, I suspect more than a few buy into the Chinese nonsense.
 
Because stripping a felon's right to become President would require a Constitutional amendment, and it's a lot of work. Stripping away his right to vote is no harder than stripping away his right to freedom or privacy or the right to own a gun. Those things are allowed as long as due process is afforded him.

so the logic is that one is easy and the other hard?

We are talking about the highest office in the land.
 
I thought it was part of a speech. I was wrong.
So, he did tweet that claim, but the assertions that that tweet was deleted are false.

then he can be called a liar for saying, "I never said it was a hoax."

ETA
PolitiFact calls Trump's denial mostly false. He did tweet it but now claims the tweet was an obvious joke. I do wish he told all his followers that it was a joke because I think a few of them seriously believe it is a Chinese hoax to cripple America.

There are 4-5 additional tweets where he specifically calls global warming a hoax.
 
I thought it was part of a speech. I was wrong.
So, he did tweet that claim, but the assertions that that tweet was deleted are false.

then he can be called a liar for saying, "I never said it was a hoax."

ETA
PolitiFact calls Trump's denial mostly false. He did tweet it but now claims the tweet was an obvious joke. I do wish he told all his followers that it was a joke because I think a few of them seriously believe it is a Chinese hoax to cripple America.

The joke is that, personally, he does believe in Climate Change because he worries about is Irish Golf Course being flooded by rising sea-levels.
 
The joke is that, personally, he does believe in Climate Change because he worries about is Irish Golf Course being flooded by rising sea-levels.



Nah, I doubt he cares unless he failed to sell his share of the club before the rising sea level issue came to light.
 
Loved the debate. Filtering their ideology, I would say that Clinton looked presidential and mainly managed very well the "disadvantage" of gender. Trump, not so well.

Just on presidentiability for people who is still not strongly behind any of them, I would say Clinton 8.5/10, Trump 7/10.

Are you saying that if a 10 is "most presidential" that Trump warrants a 7?

:jaw-dropp
 
I wonder why there isn't more play on his admission that he doesn't pay federal tax.

"That makes me smart"

If that's not an admission I don't know what is.
 
I wonder why there isn't more play on his admission that he doesn't pay federal tax.

"That makes me smart"

If that's not an admission I don't know what is.

Because I don't know anyone saying,"should I take this deduction? No, let the government have my money."
 
I wonder why there isn't more play on his admission that he doesn't pay federal tax.

"That makes me smart"

If that's not an admission I don't know what is.

It is another direct contradiction: if releasing them would make him look good (or "smart"), why doesn't he do it?

I do think that the debate increased the pressure on Trump to release his taxes.

You can bet that Kaine is going to ask Pence about them, as will Clinton in the next debates unless he finally shows them.
 
Because I don't know anyone saying,"should I take this deduction? No, let the government have my money."

I find it laughably unlikely that there would be so many deductions that a (supposed) mega-rich person could get his tax burden to zero.

You wouldn't have anything to support that statement would you?
 
I do think that the debate increased the pressure on Trump to release his taxes.

You can bet that Kaine is going to ask Pence about them, as will Clinton in the next debates unless he finally shows them.
There is no way that he will show his tax returns. They would probably show that he doesn't pay much if anything in taxes, that he doesn't make as much money as he claims, and that he doesn't give anything to charity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom