• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does favoring stop-and-frisk laws have any racial implication at all? Unless you assume racial profiling as a criteria.

For the record, I am opposed to them - they seem to violate the Fourth Amendment guarantee against unreasonable search.

It implies racism because that's what it turned out to be in NYC, the source of supposed success of the program Trump cites as his evidence.


...which I see everyone already said. :p
 
Last edited:
Jeez.... the entire article should be read. She's just a bucket of bigotry, that one. He's got all the people. The best people. So well informed and rounded in their world views.



She has now resigned
, while clarifying that she wasn't speaking on behalf of the campaign.

"My personal comments were inappropriate, and I apologize," Miller stated. "I am not a spokesperson for the campaign and was not speaking on its behalf. I have resigned as the volunteer campaign chair in Mahoning County and as an elector to the Electoral College to avoid any unnecessary distractions."


In other words, someone told her "Are you crazy? Dog whistle, not megaphone."
 
It implies racism because that's what it turned out to be in NYC, the source of supposed success of the program Trump cites as his evidence.


...which I see everyone already said. :p

I'll stipulate that race may be a factor in who is stopped and frisked.

Or may not be. My point was that race need not be a factor when discussing approval or disapproval of stop-and-frisk.
 
I'll stipulate that race may be a factor in who is stopped and frisked.

Or may not be. My point was that race need not be a factor when discussing approval or disapproval of stop-and-frisk.

Yeah, but when Trump cites a racist version of the policy as "very successful" then it looks like Trump is calling for a racist version of the policy.
 
I'll stipulate that race may be a factor in who is stopped and frisked.

Or may not be. My point was that race need not be a factor when discussing approval or disapproval of stop-and-frisk.
Indeed it need not. That said, given the segregation of US cities (and many others, of course) by class and ethnicity it is going to become a contentious issue. It caused a lot of problems in London that I recall.

"Good cause" is a necessary principle : in practice it has to be very good cause if it's not going to cause trouble.

Of course, with Trump's mouth it would cause trouble before it was even put into practice.
 
Are Republicans still trying to pretend that birtherism isn't racist?

Nobody would care about Obama's birth certificate if his dad was white.
 
Last edited:
Omarosa is feeling her oats.

Donald Trump’s director of African-American outreach has an ominous warning for all who dared to criticize the Republican presidential nominee: Soon, they will have to bow down to “the most powerful man in the universe.”

She said:

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

Bitch, I don't know what country you're living in, but this is the United States; we don't bow down to ANYBODY. Eff off.
 
The great problem with the debate is the audience. Trump knows how to address the Cletus Spucklers.
LOL!:D (Had to look up the name; not a Simpsons watcher). On second thought, how depressing.

I noticed Trump asked recently, "How can America lead the world if it can't 'even' control its own cities?" In so saying, he just perfectly nutshelled yet another Republican belief/meme: leadership = control. Such democratic deepity!
 
Omarosa is feeling her oats.


"Donald Trump’s director of African-American outreach has an ominous warning for all who dared to criticize the Republican presidential nominee: Soon, they will have to bow down to “the most powerful man in the universe.”"


I remember an old science fiction comic book in which a champion weightlifter started billing himself as "The Strongest Man in the Universe". During one of his shows, a flying saucer landed and a short little alien from a high-gravity world emerged and effortlessly smacked him around, just to put him in his place.

Expect an imminent invasion from the High Potentate of the Andromeda Galaxy.
 
Omarosa is feeling her oats.





Bitch, I don't know what country you're living in, but this is the United States; we don't bow down to ANYBODY. Eff off.

'Roid Rage? Were the McMahon's in the offices recently? Did they leave the wrong candy bowl out and Omarosa munched a few?

"I'll tell ya Mean Gene, we're gonna murderize 'em. We'll tear 'em limb from limb."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom