I'm baffled by two new polls on RCP today, both for Maine. One has Clinton +11, the other has Trump +11. Typo?
I'm baffled by two new polls on RCP today, both for Maine. One has Clinton +11, the other has Trump +11. Typo?
...In what way is Trump's comment comparable to anything Obama said above (or elsewhere) about the guilt of this or that suspect?...
My opinion is, that in politics -- all politics, think of your own experience with workplace politics -- if you really dislike someone you can make virtually anything they say or do look bad. With some of Obama's critics here, I think we reached that point a long time ago. Anything he says or does they will find a way to interpret it in a highly negative way. Trying to reason with them is a waste of time. They lost their objectivity a long time ago. Sad but undoubtedly true.![]()
Whatever he says will be embedded in lies so it makes no real difference. Sometimes I have to joke just to keep the demons away ...On the other hand, if one claims he will do X after election, not knowing whether he will do it or not, then he is lying. He's speaking about his own intentions, and if he literally doesn't know whether he will pursue X or not, then he is bloody well lying about what he plans to do.
Fair enough, should have recognized the distress.Whatever he says will be embedded in lies so it makes no real difference. Sometimes I have to joke just to keep the demons away ...![]()
Oh yeah, that slavery thing was a piece of cake.
Call me a silly romantic, I suppose.
I think that persons can actually be persuaded through reason.
Bush is being wimpy, he's telling people in private he's voting for Clinton but is annoyed the information went public.Rumour has it. That the rumour's credible says it all.
I'm baffled by two new polls on RCP today, both for Maine. One has Clinton +11, the other has Trump +11. Typo?
Of course what Trump can't see is that this kind of reaction is exactly what ISIS wants. Protection from arbitrary actions by the state is what Western society has over pretty much all others. Trump would throw that away in the US if he could. Fortunately the US has a Constitution and a Supreme Court that won't let him.frankly I think this is more concerning than whether Trump jumped the gun on calling the bomber a terrorist:
Donald Trump attacks Ahmad Khan Rahami's right to a lawyer and medical treatment
It seems Trump wants to get down in the mud and wallow in the same barbarism we expect from the terrorist. He truly doesn't get that the point of due process isn't to protect the terrorist but society as a whole from the threat of unjust treatment.
The elite are touchy about their privacy. And they're wimpy, of course. Trump would call them "effete" if his vocabularly stretched a lot further than it does.Bush is being wimpy, he's telling people in private he's voting for Clinton but is annoyed the information went public.
This could run and run. It would be epic irony if Trump was brought low by something golf-related - it seems to be the only business he's had any success at.
It can and does happen - hope springs eternal!
But rarely overnight, and some seem pretty much immune to persuasion.
My mind is pretty much made up against Trump, and has been for about a year. It is hard for me to imagine anything that could sway me into his camp at this point.
I'm a little lost in that. What's the story?
A charity tournament got screwed by Trump, I'm sure that's the gist, but how?