• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Corbyn's days (very) numbered?

Ceptimus, the political landscape in which a Labour leader will operate is important.
 
Hmmm ... with Eagle about to stand against Corbyn I wonder how The Mail will refrain from making negative references about Eagle's sexuality in order to boost Corbyn so that he continues to fail to threaten the Tories (from The Mail's pov, that is)? Or perhaps Dacre will just plain go for it, shamelessly?

I had no idea, but it's probably moot as she is a pretty hopeless. In fact, she is one of the few politicians I have seen who make Corbyn look charismatic in comparison.
 
Although it would be cool to have women leading the three big parties, I doubt if Eagle will manage it, or be spectacularly competent (for the record I think May would be, and Sturgeon is)
 
Although it would be cool to have women leading the three big parties, I doubt if Eagle will manage it, or be spectacularly competent (for the record I think May would be, and Sturgeon is)

Sturgeon is clearly one of the competent (if not the most competent) politicians in the UK. Eagle really isn't in her league.

I think Ruth Davidson is also a pretty good debater.

What is it about lesbians that attracts them to being the leader of unelectable political parties?

I didn't even know it was a thing. Are we talking purely about Ruth Davidson and Angela Eagle or is there a much larger set of obscure lesbians heading up the Communist Lesbian Party, the British National Lesbian Party and the Islamic Lesbians for Shariah Law Lesbian Party?
 
Although it would be cool to have women leading the three big parties, I doubt if Eagle will manage it, or be spectacularly competent (for the record I think May would be, and Sturgeon is)

She was OK standing in at PMQ, iirc. But I reckon Benn will take it.
 
There are actually a number of women leading top parties who are not lesbians, specifically Leanne Wood of Plaid Cymru, Natalie Bennett of the Green Party - taking over from Caroline Lucas -, Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP, and whoever becomes top Tory.
 
There are actually a number of women leading top parties who are not lesbians, specifically Leanne Wood of Plaid Cymru, Natalie Bennett of the Green Party - taking over from Caroline Lucas -, Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP, and whoever becomes top Tory.
Remember Theresa May has no children. There's no absence of smoke without absence of fire. Or something.

/not seriousestest
 
Last edited:
I didn't even know it was a thing. Are we talking purely about Ruth Davidson and Angela Eagle or is there a much larger set of obscure lesbians heading up the Communist Lesbian Party, the British National Lesbian Party and the Islamic Lesbians for Shariah Law Lesbian Party?

It was tongue in cheek but the Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale is also a lesbian.

I also suspect Nick Clegg might have been one.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom