• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What It's Like To Own Guns...

"No charges were filed" implies (to me anyway) that the potential for charges to be filed was there, and that means (to me anyway) that the cops were there. As for being legal, welcome to Missouri.
When you said "I have relatives who have killed people simply for being in their house." it seemed that you were familiar with the incidents enough to know the victims were killed just for being in a house. Now after someone has called you on the claim it seems you are not so sure.

Either the person was killed for simply being in the house as you claimed or for some other reason. Which is it?

Ranb
 
When you said "I have relatives who have killed people simply for being in their house." it seemed that you were familiar with the incidents enough to know the victims were killed just for being in a house. Now after someone has called you on the claim it seems you are not so sure.

Either the person was killed for simply being in the house as you claimed or for some other reason. Which is it?

Ranb

What's "not so sure"? I know they were let off, my euphemisms must have slip past you.

As for the poor dead ****ers, two of them lived at the addresses in question, the other was just lost. (Does "dying on the front porch" count as "being in the house" or should I go niggle-proof and say "on the property"?)
 
It's the obvious conclusion from Bob The Coward's suggestion that people in the UK are enslaved due to our lack of firearms. The second amendment is to protect against tyranny and thus the authorities.
I didn't see anything relating slaves to police killings in any post until you tried to connect the 2nd amendment with police killings. I think you need to own your claim instead of saying it was the result of your response to another post.

Ranb
 
What's "not so sure"? I know they were let off, my euphemisms must have slip past you.

As for the poor dead ****ers, two of them lived at the addresses in question, the other was just lost. (Does "dying on the front porch" count as "being in the house" or should I go niggle-proof and say "on the property"?)
So did they use the "in the house" defense or not? Because if they killed someone just for being in the house then it must have been cold blooded murder.

Ranb
 
I didn't see anything relating slaves to police killings in any post until you tried to connect the 2nd amendment with police killings. I think you need to own your claim instead of saying it was the result of your response to another post.

I suspect it's the rare obvious implication that if police officers face a high degree of likelihood of a civilian suspect being armed, they are more likely to shoot them, whether a firearm is seen or not.
 
I didn't see anything relating slaves to police killings in any post until you tried to connect the 2nd amendment with police killings. I think you need to own your claim instead of saying it was the result of your response to another post.

Ranb

Bob states that our lack of personal firearms is a sign of enslavement. This begs the question as to what agency is doing the enslaving.

Slavery relies on the potential to use force, and if the population of the UK were indeed enslaved, one would expect the authorities to use lethal force more frequently than those of a free society.

Being free but consequently being at a greater risk of being unjustly killed by the authorities doesn't seem to be a useful freedom. Especially as it does not provide any other freedoms.
 
I just got "no charges were filed". Didn't bother trying to inject logic into a conversation with a hillbilly.
I didn't have you pegged as a hillbilly. So I guess your post #274 should have read, "Someone died in a relative's house and no charges were filed."

Ranb
 
Bob states that our lack of personal firearms is a sign of enslavement. This begs the question as to what agency is doing the enslaving.

Slavery relies on the potential to use force, and if the population of the UK were indeed enslaved, one would expect the authorities to use lethal force more frequently than those of a free society.

Being free but consequently being at a greater risk of being unjustly killed by the authorities doesn't seem to be a useful freedom. Especially as it does not provide any other freedoms.
And this has what to do with the 2nd amendment? Repeal the 2nd and I think the police will still have the duty guns they want.

Ranb
 
And this has what to do with the 2nd amendment? Repeal the 2nd and I think the police will still have the duty guns they want.

Ranb

That is because of the inertia due to a large amount of guns already in circulation. It says nothing about whether it was a good idea or has guaranteed freedom as opposed to increasing danger in the US.
 
Bob states that our lack of personal firearms is a sign of enslavement. This begs the question as to what agency is doing the enslaving.

Slavery relies on the potential to use force, and if the population of the UK were indeed enslaved, one would expect the authorities to use lethal force more frequently than those of a free society.

Being free but consequently being at a greater risk of being unjustly killed by the authorities doesn't seem to be a useful freedom. Especially as it does not provide any other freedoms.

It sounds like you see it as a means that must fulfill some end. For me, it is the ends.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom