The two apparatchiks Kean and Hamilton have expressed discontent to an unusual degree, not only in the interview Hamilton granted to "idiot" Ryan linked above. They''re certainly far away from claiming that they succeeded in their mission , which was your claim Jango picked up.
No.
Who disagrees with the findings?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/06/AR2010080602657.html9/11 Commission Vice Chairman Lee Hamilton recalled in 2006: "We had a lot of trouble getting access to documents and to people. We knew the history of commissions . . . nobody paid much attention to 'em. So there were all kinds of reasons we thought we were set up to fail."
OMG, how did they finish? guess the people who set them up, failed
Quote mining, 911 truth's weapon against reality
How in the **** is that a quote mine?
Quote mining (also contextomy) is the fallacious tactic of taking quotes out of context in order to make them seemingly agree with the quote miner's viewpoint or to make the comments of an opponent seem more extreme or hold positions they don't in order to make their positions easier to refute or demonize.[1] It's a way of lying.
Ok, let's start from the beginning.I know indeed. Chapters 5-7 are the core of the narrative. Before and after are tales of history and recommendations of how to proceed.
Ok, let's start from the beginning.
Do you have anything to object about the reliability of chapter 1 (“WE HAVE SOME PLANES”) and its numerous footnotes detailing the corroborative evidence it's based on? ETA: That chapter alone has 241 footnotes, most of which are references to the evidence it's based on, some of which in turn have been made available through NARA.
I didn't ask for the definition. Try again.
Did he say "We failed"? That statement could also very well mean " We had to overcome a reluctance to turn over documents", especially when you quote it in full: "We had a lot of trouble getting access to documents and to people. We knew the history of commissions . . . nobody paid much attention to 'em. So there were all kinds of reasons we thought we were set up to fail."
Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission was created by statute. We had two responsibilities - first, tell the story of 9/11; I think we've done that reasonably well. We worked very hard at it; I don’t know that we’ve told the definitive story of 9/11, but surely anybody in the future who tackles that job will begin with the 9/11 Commission Report. I think we’ve been reasonably successful in telling the story.
Hamilton: I cannot answer every question with regard to 9/11. I can answer a good many of them, but I can't answer them all.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070108233707/http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/911hamilton.htmlHamilton: I don’t believe for a minute that we got everything right. We wrote a first draft of history.
We wrote it under a lot of time pressure, and we sorted through the evidence as best we could.
http://www.salon.com/2006/06/27/911_conspiracies/There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/02/9-11panel.pentagon/index.htmlWe were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting.
"We to this day don't know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us," said Thomas H. Kean, the former New Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. "It was just so far from the truth. . . . It's one of those loose ends that never got tied."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101300.html"I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described," John Farmer, a former New Jersey attorney general who led the staff inquiry into events on Sept. 11, said in a recent interview. "The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years. . . . This is not spin. This is not true."
How odd; every one of those quotes shows that they believe they got the story basically right, contradicting your assertion that they disagreed with the Commission's finding.Not satisfied with the quote I provided? Fine. Here's some more to contemplate (and for beachnut to butcher the English language in response to):
Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission was created by statute. We had two responsibilities - first, tell the story of 9/11; I think we've done that reasonably well. We worked very hard at it; I don’t know that we’ve told the definitive story of 9/11, but surely anybody in the future who tackles that job will begin with the 9/11 Commission Report. I think we’ve been reasonably successful in telling the story.Hamilton: I cannot answer every question with regard to 9/11. I can answer a good many of them, but I can't answer them all.http://web.archive.org/web/200701082...1hamilton.htmlHamilton: I don’t believe for a minute that we got everything right. We wrote a first draft of history. We wrote it under a lot of time pressure, and we sorted through the evidence as best we could.
Then there is this Op-Ed by Kean and Hamilton in the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/opinion/02kean.html?
Commissioner Kerrey said this:
There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version.
http://www.salon.com/2006/06/27/911_conspiracies/
... which is yet another account of how the Commission dealt with obstruction, and Ramos implying that he believes that they eventually got the true story.Commissioner Roemer said this: com/2006/POLITICS/08/02/9-11panel.pentagon/index.html
Which piggybacks onto this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101300.html
At least I know my time machine is working again. Thanks Jango.
"What we could not have anticipated were the remarkable people and circumstances that would coalesce within and around the 9/11 Commission over the coming twenty months to enable our success."
Ok, let's start from the beginning.
Do you have anything to object about the reliability of chapter 1 (“WE HAVE SOME PLANES”) and its numerous footnotes detailing the corroborative evidence it's based on? ETA: That chapter alone has 241 footnotes, most of which are references to the evidence it's based on, some of which in turn have been made available through NARA.
"The commission"? They didn't look into any collapses. It was just myth making based on "evidence" derived from torture and a vivid fantasy sharpened by earlier projects.
9/11 Commission Report said:Detainee Interrogation Reports
Chapters 5 and 7 rely heavily on information obtained from captured al Qaeda members. A number of these "detainees" have firsthand knowledge of the 9/11 plot.
Assessing the truth of statements by these witnesses-sworn enemies of the United States-is challenging. Our access to them has been limited to the review of intelligence reports based on communications received from the locations where the actual interrogations take place. We submitted questions for use in the interrogations, but had no control over whether, when, or how questions of particular interest would be asked. Nor were we allowed to talk to the interrogators so that we could better judge the credibility of the detainees and clarify ambiguities in the reporting. We were told that our requests might disrupt the sensitive interrogation process.
We have nonetheless decided to include information from captured 9/11 conspirators and al Qaeda members in our report. We have evaluated their statements carefully and have attempted to corroborate them with documents and statements of others. In this report, we indicate where such statements provide the foundation for our narrative. We have been authorized to identify by name only ten detainees whose custody has been confirmed officially by the U.S. government.2
Not satisfied with the quote I provided? Fine. Here's some more to contemplate (and for beachnut to butcher the English language in response to):
