The original page is no longer accessible without a subscription. But reversing the Google translation of the statement yields:
On that ground, with three other boys, lives Giacomo Silenzi, Meredith's boyfriend, on 3 November he had told police: "Before leaving for Porto San Giorgio I gave the keys to my house asking Meredith to disinfect one of my two cats that had injured her ear.
Per tale motivo, con altri tre ragazzi, vive Giacomo Silenzi, il fidanzato di Meredith, il 3 novembre aveva detto alla polizia: "Prima di partire per Porto San Giorgio ho dato le chiavi di casa mia chiedendo Meredith per disinfettare uno dei miei due gatti che erano feriti suo orecchio.
And indeed, I can then use that phrase to search for other references to the two cats in the original italian sources:
http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cronaca/articoli/articolo388536.shtml
http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/amanda-l-unica-non-piangere-mez.html
http://www.amandaknox.com/wp-conten...Pasquali-Farsi-Argiro-Campolongo-Luciani1.pdf
ETA: Translation from that last link:
DEPOSIZIONE DEL TESTE - LUCIANI RICCARDO
...
LAWYER Ghirga - Look, with regard to your apartment you will know if not I ask were found traces of blood in relation to the cats, wants to tell us how many cats were keeping you?
HEADS - Two, two cats.
LAWYER Ghirga - Remember one was black and one was striped for example?
WITNESS - Yes, yes.
LAWYER Ghirga - There was one casualty of these cats?
HEADS - yes I know but I do not remember if I was injured when I was in Perugia, I know, however, was injured by another cat.
LAWYER Ghirga - I ask better, one of these cats was wounded in the ear.
WITNESS - Yes.
LAWYER Ghirga - It has left traces of blood, she remembers what was this cat? Then this makes sense ...
WITNESS - He was the black cat.
LAWYER Ghirga - The black cat. Remember ... in his memory that remembers her, this wound was so loud, it was so ...
HEADS - I did not see the wound.